IICRC Certified Firm
Our SERVPRO Team is IICRC Certified!
SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) create the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus
SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Getting Your Building Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Our continued commitment to a higher standard of clean!
As we all move forward in the battle against COVID-19, inspiring safety and confidence in our communities remains the number one concern. That’s why at SERVPRO of Southern Lorain County, we remain dedicated to bringing a higher standard of clean to businesses across the country through Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is our specialized viral pathogen-cleaning program that prevents the spread of COVID-19. Going far beyond standard janitorial cleaning, Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned has helped tens of thousands of businesses nationwide keep their doors open safely in the face of this pandemic. And with more than 50 years of experience and expertise in biohazard decontamination, you can trust SERVPRO professionals to bring a higher standard of clean to the places we gather.
How does it work? Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is grounded in our unique 3 Cs:
- Consult: Not all businesses are the same, which is why we’ll start by learning about the unique needs of each space.
- Clean: Based on the specific needs of the business, an expert deep clean is initiated using our proprietary EPA-approved, hospital-grade cleaning solutions and always adhering to CDC standards.
- Certify: You’ll know a business is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned by the shield posted on their front window. Along with digital emblems and other collateral, this beacon represents their commitment to comfort and security of their employees, customers and community.
So when you see the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned shield, you can walk in with confidence. Because you’ll know the #1 choice in clean up and restoration was there.
Ahh! My Pipes Are Frozen!!
Cold temperatures can lead to frozen pipes, that's why our SERVPRO Team is always here to help!
The cold temperatures in Columbus can lead to a number of problems for local homeowners. One of which may include frozen pipes. A hard freeze can even lead to broken pipes or water damage in your home. Here are some things you may want to know about what to expect when your pipes freeze.
What To Do When Pipes Freeze
If you have a frozen pipe in your home there are a few things you can do
- Call a professional, like SERVPRO for help
- Keep your pipes open so the water has a place to go when thawed
- Apply gentle heat, like a hot towel or blow dryer, to the frozen area of the pipe
Why Pipes Freeze
During a hard freeze the temperature outdoors can drop so low that the cold can permeate the pipes. Any water inside will then expand. If there is not enough room inside the pipes, then the pressure can cause cracks which will lead to leaks when the water thaws. A water damage professional can help with repairs to your home if the leak causes damage.
Preventing Frozen Pipes
Fortunately, there are a few prevention steps you can take to prevent the freezing of your pipes and subsequent water damage. These steps include draining the water from pipes that may freeze such as a sprinkler line, and disconnecting any hoses from your home. You may also want to close any indoor valves that supply water to outdoor lines. If the weather is especially cold you may want to let your faucets drip a little as moving water is less likely to freeze. It’s also a good idea to keep your home’s temperature above 55 degrees.
When a hard freeze occurs, the water in your pipes can freeze and cause some damage to your home. A professional can help with any repairs and cleanup you may need. If you know that the temperature is likely to get to freezing point, you may be able to take some steps to protect your pipes.
Five Star Experience Every Time!
Our goal is to go above and beyond for each and every one of our customers!
Guess who’s one of the most highly recommended restoration company in the Columbus area? That’s right, it’s us! We don’t need to toot our own horn, because we’ve got over 300 reviews between our two locations to do that for us. We are really proud of them, because we’ve worked really hard to make sure each and every one of those reviews is well earned. Our SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus Team strives hard to make sure every one of our customers has a five-star experience, no matter the size or type of job. Whether it’s a fire or a water loss, whether it’s a home or a commercial building. We want you to have the same experience no matter what, and if you aren’t happy, we aren’t happy! We want to make it right every time and ensure that you receive the same care and compassion that everyone else has.
Give our SERVPRO Team a call today at 614-261-6666!
Smoked Damaged Homes
Here is an example of soot covering the entirety of this bathroom after a fire.
Not every fire results in an extensive amount of damage to homes. In fact many fires don’t require a large amount of demolition and rebuild; especially ones caused by cooking accidents. Grease fires, protein fires, contained fires or outdoor fires can all do a small amount of damage to homes but they can produce a lot more smoke and residue than homeowners realize.
That smoke, soot, and residue will go throughout your Columbus home covering all types of surfaces such as walls, counter-tops, cabinets, contents, and clothes. Smoke damage often leaves behind sticky residue, stains surfaces, odors, and can be toxic to breath long term especially for those with respiratory issues. The residue is not always visible either which is why the testing process is very important.
A home does not need to be severely damaged after a fire for you to call one of our experts for a free inspection of your home. The size and scope of damage after a small fire can be very surprising to many homeowners when our SERVPRO technicians do the inspection and show how far reaching smoke damage can be and what all is affected. In our inspection we use various cleaning tools and chemicals to determine the best way to restore your home to its before fire condition.
If you experience a fire in your Columbus home give our SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus experts a call today!
What To Expect After A Fire
Call our SERVPRO Team for assistance after a fire!
A fire damage event is difficult for the home or business owner on many levels, and the restoration process that follows can be intimidating. Each fire event is a little different, and each will require a unique solution, although the overall general process stays the same. The steps we are listing below will illustrate the SERVPRO process for the average fire damage emergency.
- Emergency Contact. Your restoration process begins the moment that you contact us. Our representative will ask you questions regarding the fire damage event that will help us to respond with the appropriate equipment and resources for your particular situation.
- Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment. Our team will carefully inspect and test all the adjoining rooms of your home or business to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is vital to us, allowing us to develop the perfect plan of action for your property.
- Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service. Fire damage will often compromise the condition of windows, walls, and roofing. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, we will board up missing windows and walls, and place tarps on damaged areas of the roof.
- Water Removal and Drying. If water damage is present, the water removal process will begin almost immediately, with the goal of removing the majority of the water. Our team will then employ dehumidifiers and air movers to remove any remaining water and complete the drying process.
- Removal of Smoke and Soot From All Surfaces. SERVPRO uses specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and all other surfaces.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing. We clean, sanitize, and disinfect all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. Our team uses a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to the condition they were in before the fire. We are also trained to remove lingering odors, using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
- Restoration. This is the final step - getting your home or business back to its pre-fire condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, installing new carpet, or painting surfaces, or it may entail major repairs, such as the reconstruction of various rooms or areas.
Here at SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus, we are here to help if your Columbus home or business suffers from damage due to a fire.
Getting You Back To Business
Our SERVPRO Team had to use commercial grade desiccants for this water loss.
There are many reasons why a commercial business needs to quickly return to its normal daily operations after a water or fire disaster. The reason that is the most prevalent on the minds of the company's stakeholders is simple: profitability. The longer a business remains idle due to an unexpected loss, the faster that losses from lost opportunity will mount. It is critical to respond quickly.
As small business owners, we understand that every hour you spend cleaning up after fire or water damage means lost revenue and productivity. Our goal is to clean and restore your structure and contents quickly and efficiently so you can get back to what your business and building does best.
SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus is a large-loss team that routinely mitigates water and fire damage losses in office complexes, medical buildings, high rise buildings, university buildings, large hotels and other commercial structures throughout the Columbus area. Whether you are in need of board-up services, commercial drying, or the mitigation of massive amounts of water from a factory floor, we have the knowledge, equipment and proven expertise to deliver fast, proven results for our commercial customers.
Don't hesitate to call SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus for your all of your unexpected commercial restoration needs. Our highly trained professionals are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to your next unexpected disaster. We are always Here To Help!
How To Handle Fire Damage In Your Home
Our SERVPRO Team has the knowledge and tools to restore your home after a fire.
You may think that your Columbus home is not vulnerable to a fire, but evidence shows that unexpected home fires can happen very quickly and when you least expect it. A kitchen grease fire or an electrical short can damage your home in just a few minutes. Very often, the fire burns in only one section of the house, but the smoke travels farther out than where the source of the fire is. However, even the smallest of fires require professional attention.
Here at SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus, we specialize in fire restoration services for Columbus homeowners. We coordinate the repairs and continually communicate with your insurance adjusters to make your restoration process as easy as possible. Our SERVPRO Team is available around the clock to minimize the time in which your home and its contents continue to absorb soot, smoke, and any extinguishing agents used to put out the fire.
Call Your Local Fire Restoration Team to Restore Your Home in Columbus
We recommend you let our SERVPRO team take a look at the damage in your home. It is best to have our knowledgeable team use the latest technology available in our field to inspect your home. Using tools such as hygrometers and infrared camera imagery, we can detect where water might be hiding in places such as subfloors and within wall cavities. Similarly, we inspect your ventilation system and follow the smoke path to determine how to mitigate the odor it left behind. This thorough assessment focuses on protecting you from developing an environment where your home or health could be compromised. Among the actions we can take to remove traces of the fire we include the following:
- Use thermal foggers or hydroxyl generators to combat the pungent smell
- Discard items, particularly porous textiles that might pose a danger to your health. Upholstery and carpets are especially vulnerable to being damaged beyond repair
- Application of industrial-strength cleaning agents to remove stains and soot throughout your home
Why Choose A Team Who Is IICRC Certified?
With the proper training, our SERVPRO Team sets themselves apart to serve you!
SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus is proud to be an IICRC certified firm. IICRC, or the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification, is a non-profit organization for the cleaning and restoration industry. The goal of the IICRC is to establish and advance globally recognized standards and certifications for the inspection, cleaning, and restoration and installation industries. To accomplish this goal, the IICRC sets standards and certifications for inspection, cleaning, and restoration. The IICRC ensures that when consumers hire a certified firm or technician that they have hired experts who will provide reasonable assurance that work will be completed in accordance with the industry's "standard of care." The technicians of SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus sets themselves apart through training, experience, and comprehensive examination.
For more information about the IICRC, please visit https://www.IICRC.org/.
Preventing Mold Growth In Your Commercial Building
If you discover visible mold in your commercial building, give our SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus Team a call.
High humidity is a breeding ground for mold. The fungus feeds off moisture and can spread quickly. This often results in costly and complex black mold cleanup.
Those who manage commercial property in humid climates thus have to take additional steps to limit mold damage. Below are some tips for preventing the growth of mold in your Columbus commercial building.
Keep Water Out
If there is any kind of flood or water leak on the premises, dry or remove the wet items immediately. You should quickly address any standing water within the property, as well.
Similarly, you should take steps to prevent water from entering the property from the outside. That means cleaning the gutters regularly and fixing any cracks in the walls or roof.
Utilize an Air Conditioner
If your property is in a location with high humidity, it likely includes an air conditioning unit. You should set it to approximately 70 degrees Fahrenheit during the summer. Also, be sure to have the unit inspected regularly to ensure it is working properly. This will prevent the need for mold cleanup in the future.
The dehumidifier is a great way to lower the amount of moisture in the air. Ideally, the humidity level should be no higher than 50 percent.
Mold reproduces quickly in stale air. While an office building can get stuffy in a hurry, there are ways to improve the ventilation. Try opening some desk drawers or closet doors. You should also limit any clutter and keep furniture away from the walls.
Condensation is another common cause of mold growth in places with high humidity. You should thus install appropriate insulation in areas prone to this type of moisture.
Even if you follow the above steps, you could still encounter mold on your property. Mold remediation specialists can help fix the problem. They can also clean up any water damage and take steps to prevent the fungus from coming.