Why Can't I Just Clean Up The Water Myself?
Don't attempt to cleanup alone. Trust our SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus Team to take care of your water loss for you!
Once you experience a water loss, your first thought might be to clean it up yourself. To an average homeowner, the cleaning up process seems easy, but in reality it is not.
SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus uses commercial-grade equipment in all of our Columbus water losses, no matter how big or small the loss might be. We have access to a number of resources and professional grade options than anything available at a home improvement or renovation shop. Our specialized technicians are trained follow a careful process that ensures we do not miss anything, providing a safe environment for you and your family to resume living in.
- Inspection and Assessment – Technicians and Project Managers inspect the home using moisture meters to identify all affected areas, making certain we understand the extent of the damage.
- Water Removal & Extraction – We use pumps and smaller vacuum units to draw out the majority of the water in your home.
- Drying the Structure – Technicians use air movers and dehumidifiers to lower humidity and draw moisture out of structural property like wall framing and drywall.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing – Specialists clean off any debris that may have been brought up by the water and deodorize restorable items.
If you have water in your home, contact SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus at (614) 261-6666 immediately. We are here to help you restore your home or apartment to a dry and livable condition.
Are Your Floors Buckling?
Don't let your hardwood floors look like this! Call our SERVPRO Team today!
What Causes Hardwood Floors to Buckle?
Floor buckling is the most extreme reaction to moisture in a hardwood floor. Buckling occurs when the wood flooring pulls up from the subfloor, lifting several inches in one or more places. Fortunately, this is not a common occurrence.
If caught early, spot repair and replacement may be possible. Once the standing water is removed, several boards can be taken up from the floor so that the air can circulate across and below the floor. When the floor has dried to a more stable moisture level, repairs can usually be made.
What can our SERVPRO Team do?
- Set up floor protection, drying mats and drying equipment
- Wear PPE
- Clean all affected areas
- Content Manipulation, full Pack out and Storage
- Removal of buckled floorboards
- Replacement of new floorboards
Call SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus today at (614) 261-6666!
Who Should You Call After A Storm
This home experienced water damage due to cracks in the roof which lead to water making its way inside the home.
Who Do You Call?
When a storm comes down quick and fast, it often finds the cracks in the roofs, or the storm floods a part of your home and remediation is often needed. Most homeowners do not think about who their remediation company might be if needed. Most people may never experience something like this and the idea of a contractor coming into your home is sheer terror. With all the nightmare stories that exist about contractors, it is no surprise!
We Will Put You At Ease
Here at SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus, we want to put your anxiety about hiring someone to come and make repairs to your home. We are here to help you get your home put back together and walk you through the entire process. We want to make sure that you have the confidence when you hire us that we will get the job done efficiently and correct the first time. Things are going to happen, how we react to them and how we prepare for them is the difference.
Call our SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus Team today at (614) 261-6666 for all of your storm damage needs. We are always here to help!
Restoring Your Columbus Building
Restoring an office building after a flooding event has a lot of moving parts.
Restoring an office building after a flooding event has a lot of moving parts. Even when professional restorers of our team can get on the scene very quickly, many things must happen to make the space usable again. Such was the case with this specific office in Columbus that our professionals worked to restore back to its original condition.
Several steps play into flood damage restoration for this Columbus office building. As always, this process began with an overall assessment of the damage and the appropriate tools and personnel required to restore it. Once this was established, work could begin.
In the image, you can see that the flooring had to get removed by our SERVPRO technicians. This was partly because the damage was irreparable to the flooring material, and also partly an easier access point for our professionals to work to dry out the dampness in the sub-flooring and lower levels.
You can also see what is known as flood cuts throughout the office space. This process serves to remove overly saturated drywall from the affected areas but has a dual purpose to allow concentrated drying efforts to happen within the now open wall cavities. These cuts were made at two feet from the floors up the wall, but this size varies from project to project based on the affected surfaces and what amount of the drywall requires removal.
Mitigation is an important aspect of flood restoration. The better our SERVPRO technicians can stop damages from getting worse, the shorter these projects take overall and the lesser their estimated costs for your business or property. It is part of our pledge to be Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Overcoming flooding in your office building can seem overwhelming at first, even amid the restoration work. However, with the right professional restoration team, you can have a fully restored office space as quickly as possible. Trust in the experience and expertise of our SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus flood restoration specialists and give SERVPRO a call today at (614) 261-6666.
IICRC Certified Firm
Our SERVPRO Team is IICRC Certified!
SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) create the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus
SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Getting Your Building Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Our continued commitment to a higher standard of clean!
As we all move forward in the battle against COVID-19, inspiring safety and confidence in our communities remains the number one concern. That’s why at SERVPRO of Southern Lorain County, we remain dedicated to bringing a higher standard of clean to businesses across the country through Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is our specialized viral pathogen-cleaning program that prevents the spread of COVID-19. Going far beyond standard janitorial cleaning, Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned has helped tens of thousands of businesses nationwide keep their doors open safely in the face of this pandemic. And with more than 50 years of experience and expertise in biohazard decontamination, you can trust SERVPRO professionals to bring a higher standard of clean to the places we gather.
How does it work? Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is grounded in our unique 3 Cs:
- Consult: Not all businesses are the same, which is why we’ll start by learning about the unique needs of each space.
- Clean: Based on the specific needs of the business, an expert deep clean is initiated using our proprietary EPA-approved, hospital-grade cleaning solutions and always adhering to CDC standards.
- Certify: You’ll know a business is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned by the shield posted on their front window. Along with digital emblems and other collateral, this beacon represents their commitment to comfort and security of their employees, customers and community.
So when you see the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned shield, you can walk in with confidence. Because you’ll know the #1 choice in clean up and restoration was there.
Ahh! My Pipes Are Frozen!!
Cold temperatures can lead to frozen pipes, that's why our SERVPRO Team is always here to help!
The cold temperatures in Columbus can lead to a number of problems for local homeowners. One of which may include frozen pipes. A hard freeze can even lead to broken pipes or water damage in your home. Here are some things you may want to know about what to expect when your pipes freeze.
What To Do When Pipes Freeze
If you have a frozen pipe in your home there are a few things you can do
- Call a professional, like SERVPRO for help
- Keep your pipes open so the water has a place to go when thawed
- Apply gentle heat, like a hot towel or blow dryer, to the frozen area of the pipe
Why Pipes Freeze
During a hard freeze the temperature outdoors can drop so low that the cold can permeate the pipes. Any water inside will then expand. If there is not enough room inside the pipes, then the pressure can cause cracks which will lead to leaks when the water thaws. A water damage professional can help with repairs to your home if the leak causes damage.
Preventing Frozen Pipes
Fortunately, there are a few prevention steps you can take to prevent the freezing of your pipes and subsequent water damage. These steps include draining the water from pipes that may freeze such as a sprinkler line, and disconnecting any hoses from your home. You may also want to close any indoor valves that supply water to outdoor lines. If the weather is especially cold you may want to let your faucets drip a little as moving water is less likely to freeze. It’s also a good idea to keep your home’s temperature above 55 degrees.
When a hard freeze occurs, the water in your pipes can freeze and cause some damage to your home. A professional can help with any repairs and cleanup you may need. If you know that the temperature is likely to get to freezing point, you may be able to take some steps to protect your pipes.
Five Star Experience Every Time!
Our goal is to go above and beyond for each and every one of our customers!
Guess who’s one of the most highly recommended restoration company in the Columbus area? That’s right, it’s us! We don’t need to toot our own horn, because we’ve got over 300 reviews between our two locations to do that for us. We are really proud of them, because we’ve worked really hard to make sure each and every one of those reviews is well earned. Our SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus Team strives hard to make sure every one of our customers has a five-star experience, no matter the size or type of job. Whether it’s a fire or a water loss, whether it’s a home or a commercial building. We want you to have the same experience no matter what, and if you aren’t happy, we aren’t happy! We want to make it right every time and ensure that you receive the same care and compassion that everyone else has.
Give our SERVPRO Team a call today at 614-261-6666!
Smoked Damaged Homes
Here is an example of soot covering the entirety of this bathroom after a fire.
Not every fire results in an extensive amount of damage to homes. In fact many fires don’t require a large amount of demolition and rebuild; especially ones caused by cooking accidents. Grease fires, protein fires, contained fires or outdoor fires can all do a small amount of damage to homes but they can produce a lot more smoke and residue than homeowners realize.
That smoke, soot, and residue will go throughout your Columbus home covering all types of surfaces such as walls, counter-tops, cabinets, contents, and clothes. Smoke damage often leaves behind sticky residue, stains surfaces, odors, and can be toxic to breath long term especially for those with respiratory issues. The residue is not always visible either which is why the testing process is very important.
A home does not need to be severely damaged after a fire for you to call one of our experts for a free inspection of your home. The size and scope of damage after a small fire can be very surprising to many homeowners when our SERVPRO technicians do the inspection and show how far reaching smoke damage can be and what all is affected. In our inspection we use various cleaning tools and chemicals to determine the best way to restore your home to its before fire condition.
If you experience a fire in your Columbus home give our SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus experts a call today!
What To Expect After A Fire
Call our SERVPRO Team for assistance after a fire!
A fire damage event is difficult for the home or business owner on many levels, and the restoration process that follows can be intimidating. Each fire event is a little different, and each will require a unique solution, although the overall general process stays the same. The steps we are listing below will illustrate the SERVPRO process for the average fire damage emergency.
- Emergency Contact. Your restoration process begins the moment that you contact us. Our representative will ask you questions regarding the fire damage event that will help us to respond with the appropriate equipment and resources for your particular situation.
- Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment. Our team will carefully inspect and test all the adjoining rooms of your home or business to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is vital to us, allowing us to develop the perfect plan of action for your property.
- Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service. Fire damage will often compromise the condition of windows, walls, and roofing. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, we will board up missing windows and walls, and place tarps on damaged areas of the roof.
- Water Removal and Drying. If water damage is present, the water removal process will begin almost immediately, with the goal of removing the majority of the water. Our team will then employ dehumidifiers and air movers to remove any remaining water and complete the drying process.
- Removal of Smoke and Soot From All Surfaces. SERVPRO uses specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and all other surfaces.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing. We clean, sanitize, and disinfect all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. Our team uses a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to the condition they were in before the fire. We are also trained to remove lingering odors, using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
- Restoration. This is the final step - getting your home or business back to its pre-fire condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, installing new carpet, or painting surfaces, or it may entail major repairs, such as the reconstruction of various rooms or areas.
Here at SERVPRO of Northwest Columbus, we are here to help if your Columbus home or business suffers from damage due to a fire.